April 2016 / Auckland
Koordinates is changing the way Earth’s data is published and accessed. Our data platform brings publishers and users of data together in the cloud. We provide functionality that removes the friction of publishing and accessing complex spatial datasets, ensuring Earth’s rich data is available to those who need it. At Koordinates, we value being open, precise, intrepid and connected.
If you have a track record of delivering high quality code for scalable web applications, now is the perfect time to join Koordinates and shape the future of our product and our team.
What you’ll be doing:
Our platform is primarily built on Python, Django and PostgreSQL, hosted in Linux environments on AWS. You’ll be:
- Working with our team of designers, engineers, testers and support staff to scope, plan and deliver new features to our clients and their end-users.
- Continually improving, optimising and enhancing core Koordinates platform services.
- Assisting in the delivery of internal devops and support tooling.
Who we are looking for:
- You’re an experienced Python developer (5+ years commercial software experience, 2+ years with Python) with a strong product focus. You have evolved and improved products over time and are capable of architecting complex software solutions.
- You’ve worked with distributed systems, and are familiar with or have implemented: message queues; analytics; search; testing frameworks; APIs; and build/deployment/development tools.
- You’re an independent and versatile developer, with the ability to pick up different languages, frameworks and techniques with relative ease.
- Your positive attitude, respect for your peers and your excellent verbal and written communication skills make you great at collaborating with your team.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS), configuration management software, Build/CI tools, Docker and Linux (Ubuntu) environments.
- Knowledge of Django (or a similar web framework) and have worked with complex Web UIs and frameworks, SQL (PostgreSQL) and RESTful APIs.
- Practical experience with at least one other language (NodeJS, Java, C++).
- Experience with spatial data, mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Koordinates is a great place to work. We are situated over three locations and two time zones, so we’re used to working in a distributed and flexible environment. We ship code daily, our continuous integration systems ensure that our build & test processes happen on every push to GitHub, and passing builds are a single click to deploy. We provide you with the tools, training and support you need to deliver the highest quality software to our clients and end-users.
We’re proud to build an award-winning platform and we’re expanding to introduce our product to the world. As an experienced software engineer, you will be ideally placed to shape your career and share in our success.
Get in touch today at email@example.com